Hi everyone! For this weeks blog entry I chose one that I think has a lot to do with the theme of my blog despite not dealing necessarily with American politics. I stumbled upon an article published in time about how “fake news” is becoming a huge negative part of the Honduras election process. I think this is fitting for the theme of my blog as well as can be related back to American politics. The article talked about how there was a small specific group of people that had been paid to endorse and create publicity for one candidate running for office. These people were spreading misinformation and did not care how fake it was as long as it painted the candidate in a better and more likeable way. This is very similar to our most recent election in 2020 where social media and mass media in general played a HUGE role in the way things were conducted. I remember for closely leading up to Election Day my social media was flooding with statistics, facts, and information that often conflicted itself but no one seemed to care because it made their candidate look better.
https://time.com/6116979/honduras-political-disinformation-facebook-twitter/
Comments
Post a Comment